Skip to main content

The Jack of All Trades

Hey guys, its been really long since I fought the biggest hindrance in a blogger's life-laziness-and wrote anything. But then the mere thought of y'all forgetting me was so overwhelming that I decided to say hello, at least! Now you must be wondering what I have been doing all this while...well, other than fighting laziness, of course.....(although, its not totally untrue to say I haven't wondered the same myself....really...what HAVE I been doing?).....although its always easy to escape to the most rehearsed answer, working, of course!
But today, I felt this inexplicable need to share my thoughts....not that I haven't felt the need to share my thoughts during my 'lazy break', but today I decided to make time and actually share my thoughts....( a positive sign, surely...)
Now, while I have been away from you guys...well, I have done quite a few things actually
...tried my hand at experiments involving cooking, baking (some stuff turned out really well, and was gone within a few hrs time...while some of it ended up making my dustbin smell like a bakery on fire!)....I also have been busy reading (though not always writing) and spent time travelling and meeting new people (well some old people too)......so may be now I can start writing about all these wonderful experiences.....don't worry, don't panic, am not going to give you step by step instructions on the recipes I succeeded at, nor am I going to convert my posts into travel posts, or book reviews....am only warming up today so that I can be back with a bang! (and hopefully get an idea for my new post soon).....
During my prolonged break from writing, I have seen a lot of my friends try their hands at different things some started food blogs, some started websites dedicated to arts, crafts n such, some haven't gone all the way yet, but have started making their own experiments and putting them up on our very own showcase...Facebook!.....but for me, every time the question came as to what specific subject should I (if I should) dedicate my posts to.....well I was always at a loss....In one of my favorite movies, the protagonist says, (and this is a translation)" How do men spend their entire life with one woman, I fail to understand....I don't think I can ever do that...how can I? Some have beautiful eyes... some have beautiful lips....." (Today being his birthday, I just had to quote him!!)
Well, I find myself in the same position....every time I decide to dedicate my posts to a particular subject, I find something else more interesting, and then I just have to talk about it!
So finally, after much deliberation, I have decided, that my posts are about me, not a particular part of me....so then they can be as varied (and as whimsical) as I can ever be!!
So welcome once again to my blog ladies and gentlemen!.......Fasten your seat belts......sit back and enjoy your ride...........!!!

Comments

  1. Glad that you are back!!! we look forward to your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u dear.....still in search of a topic for the next :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

आईचा ब्रेक

मिस्टर सानेंनी हळू डोळे उघडले. खिडकीतून उन्हं येत होती. खाडकन जागे झाले. दुपार झाली कि काय! घड्याळ बघितल, हुश्श, आठच वाजतायेत! पण पुढच्याच क्षणी लक्षात आलं, आठ वाजले तरी किचन मधून काही आवाज येत नाहीयेत. आज तर गुरुवार, वर्किंग डे, एव्हाना किचन मधून आवाजच नव्हे तर तर-तर्हेचे वासही यायला हवेत. डबा तयार झाला असला पाहिजे, चहा तयार झाला आला पाहिजे. पण आज कसलीच हालचाल दिसत नाही! शेजारी पहिल तर मिसेस सानेही शेजारी नाहीत. काय भानगड आहे बुआ आज?   चष्मा चढवून मिस्टर साने बेडरूम मधून बाहेर आले. मिसेस सानेंचा घरात कुठेच पत्ता नव्हता! गेली कुठे  ही? मिस्टर सानेंनी सुनबाईंना विचारायच ठरवलं. पण श्वेता त्यांना कुठे दिसेना. इतक्यात, "गुडमॉर्निंग  बाबा!" म्हणत श्वेता जांभई देत बाहेर आली आणि त्यांच्या उत्तराची वाट न पाहता, तडक  "गुडमॉर्निंग आई" म्हणत किचन मध्ये गेली. मिस्टर साने तिला काही सांगणार इतक्यात,  "अहो बाबा, आई कुठेयत?" म्हणत पुन्हा बाहेर आली. एव्हाना तिची झोप पूर्णपणे उडाली होती. "माहित नाही बुआ, मला वाटलं तुला काही बोलली असेल..."   त्यांना वा

Love them or hate them....

"Behind every great kid is a mom who is pretty sure she is getting it all wrong", they say. True, parenting is a game of 'wait and watch.' There is no right or wrong here; or nothing that is a sure fire success mantra. Everyone has a different take on on how they wish to raise their young ones. And it is the choices that parents make that impact their children majorly. 

Of life lessons and listening to one’s heart - Mrs. B speaks

Small pleasures matter in life. Really small, everyday pleasures. Like, being able to smell the garden in full bloom on a hot summer day, or being able to have a hot water bath in cold weather. Or even being able to drink a hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning. Or, for that matter, being able to eat junk food to one’s heart’s content! Ah, bliss! Oh, I almost forgot, for those of you who haven’t met me before , myself, Mrs. Bhagirathi. The kids in my building call me Mrs. B. I am a housewife. Or better still – a homemaker. I work from home and generally spend time reading and surfing the internet when the kids and my husband are away for the day. I also cook and clean, and wash and iron clothes – but I guess all that is included in the title of “homemaker.” So no special mention needed. So, like I was saying, life is a sum total of small pleasures. And what I said about junk food, is absolutely true. Especially when you think of the cheeseburger. Or the veggie bur